Monday 8 February 2016

HONEY, WHAT IF YOU FLY?

Hey beautiful people! How are we all doing with our decision to become healthy? Good so far? Difficult? Oh no! you fell off track after a few days? Hey it’s alright. You are human and its ok to stumble sometimes. What matters is that you are willing to admit you messed up and hop right back on the fit wagon! Yes, that wagon is always waiting.

This piece will be about those things that hold us back from taking the right step
forward.  Those inner demons that won’t let us be great. I fought them too (I still do sometimes) so I know they exist. 
Maybe the thing you are most scared of is what you should be doing.
For many years I was reluctant and scared of losing weight. Why? Because I was afraid. Afraid of failing yet again, afraid of quitting again once I didn’t see the kind of result I was expecting, afraid of embarrassing myself before everyone. I was so used to quitting and I didn’t believe I could stick to something for so long especially something that involved gradual progress.  I preferred the quick fixes (fad diets) that gave me quick results but of course they often took me back to square one. 

I was finally sick and tired of being sick and tired
I was tired of being uncomfortable;
I was tired of having limited choice of clothes;
I was tired of living with low self-esteem;
I was tired of being breathless from doing simple things like walking or climbing a few stairs;
I was tired I hating the body I was in;
I was tired of blaming everything else but myself for my problem;
I was tired of trying and quitting;
I was simply tired!  
I eventually picked up courage to give it a go again and this time I made up my mind it would be different (even though I didn’t believe in myself) and here I am several months later still sticking to it. (yay!)

My journey has not been perfect. Far from it.  I have hit plateaus often and I fall off track sometimes (hey I am human! Lol) but I am still here fighting. Fighting all those excuses I make up in my head all th time to make me give up. Fighting the inner demons that tell me I will quit soon or that I cannot lose all the weight I set out to lose. Ha! Trust me it is a daily battle.

So what if you started already but fell off track for a few days? Does that make you a quitter or a failure? NO! it is all part of the growing process. Its ok to struggle but your determination to rise above it is what counts. These struggles make us better and stronger each day. “oh Ella, what if I can’t do it at all?” Honey that’s a beautiful lie. How would you know if you never tried?! Imagine if the caterpillar gave up not knowing it had the potential to become a butterfly? It would have been such a huge waste.



What if you really fly? Yes you can! Don’t let fear hold you back like it did to me for many years. Don’t let fear crush your dream to live a fulfilled life.  It’s a mind game and there will always be so many “what ifs” but you begin to truly live the moment you choose to take a chance with yourself and see where your strength takes you.

Change is scary I agree, but fear of the unknown is even more scary. We would never know how beautiful and awesome life could be if we continued to live in fear. You deserve much more than you are letting yourself get. Step out of your comfort zone today and take a step towards being healthy.  Make up your mind today to change, make better food choice and get active for just 15-20 mins a day. These baby steps all add up and six months from now you will be glad you did!
One healthy meal at a time, one workout at a time, one kilo at a time! Let’s go!



Don't forget to follow my journey on Instagram (@ella_az) for daily motivation, my workout routines, meal ideas and struggles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

HOW I KICK THE PERIOD BLOAT - Useful Tips

I just want everything CARBY and SWEET!  I am almost sure I am not the only one who dreads having her period and the bloating that co...