Sunday 23 November 2014

LIFE AS SHE SEES IT- FOR HER .....by Adesuwa


"Heyyy!" He hugged her and lifted her off the ground. He didn't let her go "I have missed you".
"Same here" she murmured. While his hands lingered around her..her eyes rolled behind him,Your squashing my tummy!
"You look so beautiful and have added weight at interesting places" he winked
She smiled. "Come in"
"So how are your parents? How is Odion? I hope she is still not angry with me o?"
"They are fine..she is not"
He was just so happy to see her. Today was the day they had started dating five years ago. He was excited.
He watched her as she stood by the window...He felt blessed to have her. " 'Khere.." she was faraway and flinched when he moved close to hold her waist. she leaned into him and sighed. "Are you okay?"
"Yes I am..do I look otherwise?"
"You arenot here..please share"
"Time flies...I am remembering all we have been through"
He hugged her and smiled "it's been beautiful despite our challenges you know.." Then he drew back and went one knee, bringing out a ring... same one she chose one day while they surfed the net ...
"Marry me...Marry me because it has become evident that I cannot do without you..please say yes and let me get this off my chest  " he had asked her a year ago. She wasn't ready.
Were those tears he felt in his eyes...Akhere started crying and joined him on the floor "yes!!!". They clung to each other and cried.
They stayed the way for a while "'Khere, it looks like it would rain soon do you have clothes outside? " the curtains were billowing and the room suddenly felt chilly.
"Yes!" she got up and dashed out.
When he was sure she had gone, He jumped up and dived on the bed . Happiness was an understatement as to how he really felt. Akhere would be his wife!
He grinned and grabbed one of the pillows, as he did he felt something like paper. He set aside the pillow to look at it...and froze.
It was a marriage certificate between Akhere Omorodion and Kunle Adegbite, dated five days back. He saw an envelope and opening it, he saw pictures.
He threw the pictures and certificate on the bed and scrambled up...hugging himself, he realised he was shaking.
"Hey! Sorry I took time..The rain has..." she first saw the pictures and then the certificate. She let out a small cry and rushed towards him.."it's not what you think!"
He stepped away from her.
Tears streamed from her eyes.. "Frank am sorry.." It was not her fault. Her mother would not hear of her marrying Frank. In her opinion Kunle was a better choice. Kunle was based in America, he had money and he was respectful. Herself and Frank were classmates, he had just started working.
She subconsciously rubbed her stomach and then sat down. Kunle visited last two months. She couldn't help the fact that he is was quite handsome and did make her feel like she had butterflies in her stomach.  
She never meant to hurt Frank..but she couldn't bring herself to tell him all this while. She did her best to avoid him and kept up the story that she was still at Ibadan. She loved Frank still and didn't want him to leave her.
"I am sorry...we can work something out..please. I tried to tell you.."
"When?"
"It has not been an easy phase...and Mum wouldn't let me be because she didn't want me to start showing..."
"Showing?.."
She immediately held her mouth
"Showing what?!"
She was mute.
"Answer me!!!" he was mad
"I am pregnant...for him" she was looking at her palms.. like she wa reading from bit. "That's what mum hinged on to ensure that we got married" she got up and knelt before him "please...let's talk about this as we have always.."
His head reeled with so many thoughts... raw pain was all he felt. Hands clenched, and still shaking, he  stepped back staggering. He looked lost, turning around he rushed for the door and let himself out of her house.
"Frank please don't go!" Akhere called after him.
He didn't answer her...even the rain didn't jolt him from the shock.


Image source: imgarcade

4 comments:

  1. Aaahhhh! !! Then why did she say yes. .. kai. Poor guy. Tell me there is a sequel...? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beht why???
    Iphy... (When I figure out my password, I will end my strain of anonymity)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! There remains quite a lot to imagine here. Please do justice oh. But hey, it's beautifully crafted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nabeelah,@Iphy @Akubo it was inspired by a true story...who knows? there might be a sequel

    ReplyDelete

HOW I KICK THE PERIOD BLOAT - Useful Tips

I just want everything CARBY and SWEET!  I am almost sure I am not the only one who dreads having her period and the bloating that co...