Thursday 26 June 2014

Hi guys!

I am super excited to be officially writing my intro for this blog. It has definitely been a long time coming for me. I suddenly realised I was busy waiting for everything to be perfect before it takes off while I had things I wanted to write about piling up in my head but who the heck needs perfection??? (Like my good friend Adesuwa pointed out to me). So I have decided to start even though I have no idea what blogging is all about and everything I want on and for the blog isn’t ready yet. What is most important is that I have a passion to do this –share my thoughts and experiences with you and learn from you guys too! That counts for something right?

The idea behind the name of this blog (besides the red velvet cake which is incredibly awesome) is that I wanted something sultry, hot ,feminine, sexy –in a good way –and also appealing to both sexes. I was speaking to a friend (ime) about my ideas and she suddenly came up with this name and I love it! So ‘Redvelvet’ is a platform for me and the other contributors to talk to people, especially ladies straight from our hearts about everyday things. This blog will not be stereotyped.  It will cover issues ranging from relationships to fashion to politics to sex to spirituality etc. Diverse right? Well the idea is not to limit ourselves on what can and should be discussed on this platform. So I am looking at an opportunity where we can share whatever bothers us ladies generally and still be able to talk about issues happening in the country around us and globally too.

It is quite obvious that the focus of the blog is on ladies and the issues affecting us however, it will not be restricted to us alone because it will not be possible to take men out of the equation. Contrary to the general belief, feminists (like me) respect men a great deal and believe that they are very important (God wasn’t stupid when he made the man head). It is my belief that a woman cannot take the place of a man and vice versa. I only have a problem when a woman is disregarded and disrespected simply because she is a woman! (Topic for another day! lol).

My co-contributors are some gorgeous, amazing, beautiful ladies who are super intelligent and talented- Adesuwa, Adanma, Faith, Mikkie and Ngozi.  These wonderful ladies and I will pour out our hearts to you through our various pieces over time and we would appreciate your valuable feedbacks too. Let me add that anyone is free to send any write-ups, articles, or areas that you feel should be covered in this blog. Like I said nothing is written in stone and the blog isn’t perfect therefore we are very flexible.

I look forward to having so much fun doing this and I hope y’all will enjoy the ride with me. 
Talk to you very soon!
Cheers!

Love,



16 comments:

  1. Wow ! What a beautifull combination, I think I'd like this flexibility you propose and I believe all the 04's I know will give this blog their full support... Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow soo cool babes..make I go grab my trailer load of pop corn for all d action..lool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really glad you started this blog and I'm really grateful that I can be part of the Journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. am super glad to have u on board mikkie love!

      Delete
  4. Lovely! Its good to see you have taken off! You are certainly a natural - your words flow seamlessly. I would ensure i follow your blog closely (enjoying it as it grows). I hope it doesn't get ultra-feminist, because, that will kick folks like me, who wonder who the heck is "de-feminizing" the world that it needs a feminist agenda, out the window. On the whole I really love your write up ... and the name, REDVELVETT, is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you yusuf! with God on our side, people like you will not be disappointed

      Delete
  5. wow! nice one ndo baby.God's grace all the way----Amaka Agbo-anike

    ReplyDelete
  6. yippee! more velvetty velvets!!! way to go girl .....Adesuwa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont care bout the blog,, but that cake tho!!!! Lolll

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh darn! And I thought it was all about the cake. Oh well, time to get intellectually stimulated!
    Nice one babes. Thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ajumebor Promise30 June 2014 at 01:52

    better late than never dear

    ReplyDelete

HOW I KICK THE PERIOD BLOAT - Useful Tips

I just want everything CARBY and SWEET!  I am almost sure I am not the only one who dreads having her period and the bloating that co...