Friday 4 July 2014

CHANGE THAT MIND SET!! ...by Ella

….Again does it surprise you that Kanye West, the famous rapper
fell for Kim? It shouldn't because as you may already know. . .
Men love slim, fit and beautiful women.

                                                         If you are even a bit overweight, you need to slim down fast
so you can keep your husband glued at home with eyes only for you


Sounds familiar? Sigh…

I didn’t plan to write today but after I saw this in my mailbox this afternoon I got infuriated and felt I should .It’s actually an excerpt from one of the  diet and fitness blogs I subscribe to. Reading through this made me sick! U know why? Because it’s messages like this that continuously keep ladies like you and me on the edge! Depressed! Feeling inadequate! That we don't measure up! Messages like this do nothing but try to make you self-conscious and desperate to look like someone you are not. It is said that women have more inferiority complex than men. It is because the society we now find ourselves in have made us so. We have been soaked and brain-washed with the idea that we have to look a certain way and be like some certain people for us to be accepted or be attractive to the men. IT IS A BIG LIE!

Now, do not get me wrong. Being over-weight is bad. After all I am trying to lose some weight myself because what goes on inside the body is very important. But I strongly believe it is bad mostly for health reasons and fashion takes the last seat in my list of reasons (in my own opinion). But honey, if u desire to lose weight just to be like beyonce or kim Kardashian then u have a big problem! Aim to lose weight to be like you, boost your health, increase your life expectancy and be happy! Do not do it even do it for a man. I have often heard some ladies say “my husband/boyfriend says I should lose weight…” what I ask inwardly is “is that what you want?” Of course the opinion of your partner matters and pleasing him is important as well but you should come first. Your happiness should be paramount! If he reasonably complains about a thing, then think about it carefully and see the reasons (from his point of view) why the issue has come up, why you should do it, then do it.


Every time I hear that men like their women slim yet every Saturday I see big ladies (like me) getting hooked and walking down the altar! Who is kidding who? look, it is not your body that makes you beautiful, your spirit and attitude does! A woman with low self-esteem, little confidence and a bad attitude won’t cut it for any serious minded man worth his onions. So for me, a hot slim body is just a little icing on the cake.

One truth I have come to learn is this: if you do not love yourself at size 20, you will never love yourself even at size 6! SELF HATE is the worst form of mental imprisonment you can put yourself in. I was once there. Suffering from low self-esteem and thinking that any guy who chats me up and says “you are pretty” was doing me a favour. Trust me it’s is a bad state to be in. I am glad I have come out of that dungeon and learning to love me as I am now (person and body) while I keep working to get to the healthy size I want to be. It’s a process and a journey I am happy to be on. You too can shake off that mentality today. 

Sweetie, you are AMAZING just the way you are and NEVER let ANYONE tell you otherwise! Shed some weight if you have need to do so, change your bad eating habits, improve on any bad attitude, dress gorgeous, hold your head up high, carry yourself like you are worth a million bucks, be happy and simply be YOU!

Life is far too short to spend it wishing you are Kim K!

The end.

Have a FAB weekend guys!

Love,


Ella…xxx

1 comment:

  1. Liked the last line...
    Life is too short to aspire to be Kim k. We are so much more than our looks.... TOBE

    ReplyDelete

HOW I KICK THE PERIOD BLOAT - Useful Tips

I just want everything CARBY and SWEET!  I am almost sure I am not the only one who dreads having her period and the bloating that co...